Content and Community Guidelines
The Elementari community is made up of creative people from all around the world who are passionate about art, storytelling, and creativity. Elementari welcomes readers, writers, and artists of all walks of life, ages, cultures, and perspectives. Each and every person on Elementari makes the community what it is, and together we can keep Elementari safe and fun for everyone.
This page covers both the content that’s appropriate and the behavior that’s expected on Elementari. We take these guidelines seriously and ask that you do too. In applying these guidelines, Redbubble reserves the right to remove a work or close an account at our sole discretion.
Respect the Elementari Community
We share the responsibility of ensuring everyone feels respected, free to express themselves, and safe.
Here are a few common-sense guidelines to follow:
- Respect copyright: Only upload things that you have created or have permission to use. You are responsible for your account activity including the things you post. If you aren’t sure if it’s ok for you to upload something, check out our Terms of Service.
- Be cool: Behind every story and every piece of artwork, there’s a real person (no robots). You probably won’t agree with everyone all the time, but we ask that you are mature, respectful, and considerate in your interactions with others. We will not tolerate participating in or encouraging abusive demeaning, or threatening behavior within the community.
- Stay E for everyone: Only upload, publish, or comment things appropriate for all audiences. We want people of all ages to feel welcome and be part of our creative community. Therefore explicit or provocative content for the sake of shock value or that are gratuitous in nature, including mature portrayals of violence, adult language, nudity, self-harm, or substance abuse are not allowed.
- Give constructive criticism: Feedback, when done with respect, can be an awesome way to make friends, help others improve, and energize the community. Share your opinion in a constructive (rather than destructive) way, and remember to focus on the content rather than the person who created it.
- Protect Privacy: Don’t share someone’s personal identifying information without permission. This includes real names, private conversations, photos, phone numbers, addresses, or other sensitive information.
Above all, we hope that you can make the most of your time here to inspire, create, support, and share visual stories. Have fun!
Elementari is a place where illustrators, writers, and readers can connect directly. Promoting your work is important, and we know how difficult it can be to grow your audience. However, please be mindful that outright solicitation or other activities (outside of your profile) can be perceived as "spammy." For example, members should not self promote in the comments of another member’s work.
No one likes spam. We're working behind the scenes to keep spam on Elementari to a minimum, but we also have policies in place that prohibit spammy activity and the use of related services.
The following activity is not allowed on Elementari:
- Posting unsolicited or unwanted content or links
- Creating profiles primarily to drive traffic to external websites, via messages, comments, profile and series descriptions, or artwork
- Creating multiple accounts with the intention of inflating the popularity of other profiles
- Creating, using, or promoting bots or other automated means to increase view counts or perform social interactions
- Using misleading titles, descriptions, tags, or thumbnails
By your participation on the site you agree that your creations and comments will follow these guidelines so that Elementari remains welcoming and safe for users of all ages. If your work doesn’t follow these guidelines, your story, illustration, or sound may be flagged and removed from Elementari. We reserve the right to delete any comments, stories, or illustrations that do not comply with our guidelines.
Illustration specific content
Please refer to the Illustrator Submission Guidelines for specific details on what to upload.
Composer specific content
Please refer to the Composer Submission Guidelines for specific details on what to upload.
Elementari currently does NOT allow for any mature content featuring violence, alcohol, drugs, adult language, nudity, and other similar themes.
Any content deemed unsuitable will be flagged and the owner will be requested to take action. Failure to comply with this request will result in the content being taken down. Repeat offenses will result in the suspension or removal of the user’s account.
Harmful or dangerous content
You are welcome to share your opinions and beliefs on Elementari, even if they challenge the status-quo or might be controversial. However, we will not tolerate content that might prove to be harmful or threatening, and Elementari reserves the right to remove it.
Some examples of strictly prohibited content include:
- Dangerous content that we consider to encourage injurious or illegal activities, or which incite others to commit acts of violence, destruction, or self-harm.
- Hateful content that promotes or encourages hate, violence, or discrimination against a person or group based on things like race, creed, cultural or ethnic background, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
- Malicious content which exposes users to harmful software or websites. You are responsible for the safety and validity of outgoing links you post.
Reporting and enforcement
You might not like everything you see on Elementari, and may come across content you find offensive or disagree with from time to time. However, if you encounter content that you think crosses the line or breaches these guidelines, flag it for review using the Report button or reach out to us at [email protected].
Reports will be reviewed by Elementari staff, and access to flagged content may be restricted during that time. We'll evaluate whether it violates our guidelines, or is otherwise inappropriate.
If we determine there's a problem, we'll notify the owner of the account and let them know what further action is required. In extreme cases, content may be removed or accounts suspended without warning, but in most cases we try to give the responsible party a warning and an opportunity to fix the issue before taking other measures.
Please keep in mind that something you find unacceptable may not be unacceptable to everyone, nor a violation of our guidelines or terms. We try to maintain a fair and open-minded approach, and reporting content will not always result in it being changed or removed.
If you believe there is a case of copyright infringement, see our Terms of Service for more details.
We want these guidelines to community driven, and it should be known that they are adaptable and will evolve over time. We’re open to suggestions to help improve these rules, so feel free to tell us what you think.